“Pass it on: Proper Intimate Hygiene isn’t a Secret”
Our advice for cleansing and care
The skin in the intimate areas is very delicate and sensitive. Therefore, take care to be gentle when cleansing and caring for these areas. The general rule is: always wipe from the clean areas towards those that are dirty, and from the areas that are less dirty to those which are more dirty: in other words, from front to back.
And what’s more: only use products developed specially for intimate hygiene purposes!
Cleansing the skin should be followed up with caring for it:
treat your intimate areas with special care several times a day, as required, using intimate hygiene products of superior quality, such as Deumavan®.
- For men and women, every day after cleansing or washing
- Before and after affecting the skin in any way (e.g. sport, sexual intercourse)
- Supportive care and protection during skin diseases
- For prevention and care in age-related oestrogen deficiency
- Protection against discomfort, e.g. due to dehydration
- For cleaning the opening to the bladder and anus
- For skin irritation, e.g. from intimate shaving, infections or following radiotherapy
- For skincare during pregnancy and after childbirth
- For skin damage due to chemotherapy
By using Deumavan®, e.g. after washing or taking a shower, shaving (see below), before or after using the toilet (see “Hygiene tips“), you are providing your skin with sensible protection and valuable care. The moisturising properties of Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene products support the natural functions of the skin, effectively helping to prevent discomfort.
Intimate shaving – treating your skin with care
The skin is slightly damaged every time it is shaved, possibly resulting in discomfort. Hairy areas of the skin are home to numerous bacteria (and/or also fungi). These germs can settle and reproduce quite easily in open wounds or injuries, and cause minor cases of inflammation (in the form of a rash, small spots, etc.).
To make intimate shaving as gentle on the skin as possible, we suggest doing as follows:
- Prepare the area beforehand using Deumavan® Wash Lotion (with added fat ) in order to minimise the number of potential inflammatory pathogens.
- Always use a fresh razor.
- After shaving, lightly moisturise the skin with Deumavan® Body Lotion or Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene Salve, and leave to absorb.
The hairs are particularly strong at the root and still sharp from being cut. The moisturiser can prevent the penetration of germs into the wound, leaving the skin soft and elastic.
- Apply the product again as necessary. Use the products sparingly to prevent any soaking or staining of your underwear.