Tips for Feeling Good
Here’s our advice: take good care of your intimate areas every day using intimate hygiene products of superior quality. In such a way, you can avoid discomfort in the long term and will feel perfectly happy in your own skin.
Tried-and-tested hygiene tips:
- To avoid skin irritation, it is best to moisturise the opening of the bladder and anus with Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene Salve before passing water and before bowel movement. This will create a protective layer, enabling easier removal of contamination and preventing increased quantities of bacteria from settling in the folds of the skin. Skin damage resulting from the cleaning process can also be avoided.
- Cleansing with Deumavan® when showering/washing: by showering and washing with our mild Deumavan® Wash Lotion, you can gently cleanse your intimate areas and prepare them for application of Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene Salve.
- After cleansing, apply a thin layer to moisturise the entire intimate region. This will provide your skin with long-term, gentle care, thereby preventing dry skin and painful discomfort, and leaving the skin in perfect, smooth condition.
- Take care when shaving! You may irritate the sensitive skin in intimate areas and cause minor injuries, amongst other things. Prevent this by cleansing prior to shaving with Deumavan® Wash Lotion. After intimate shaving, it is advisable to use a skin-soothing, protective product such as Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene Salve or Deumavan® Body Lotion.
- Caring for the anal region: use of soft toilet tissue is advisable for carefully applying a little Deumavan®Intimate Hygiene Salve before and after a bowel movement, and also when and as required on a daily basis.
Why isn’t Deumavan® helping?
- An infection: Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene is a moisturising salve and cannot heal an infection. However, it may be used to help support the healing process, as well as for prevention.
- An unknown, and thus untreated fungal infection of the vulva. A gynaecologist can identify fungi using a smear test.
- A Staphylococcus aureus infection.
- A skin disease such as psoriasis.
- Irritative dermatitis (a form of sensitisation/allergy).
- Deumavan® Intimate Hygiene Salve is used too infrequently, or for an inadequate period of time: the salve should be applied several times daily, especially when using the product for the first time. If the skin is damaged, the product should be used for a longer period (weeks/months) until the skin condition has returned to normal.
- The issue of sensitivity (burning, tenderness) has reach a psychological level . Aside from long-term, accompanying care, the issue must be approached from a different angle.
- A re-infection, e.g. fungal infection, transmitted by a partner.